Monday, September 15, 2008

Stick Figure Sisyphus


As I was screwing together all of my Ikea furniture in my new apartment, I had this underlying feeling that once it was all done, I would have to deconstruct, pack it all up, schlep it down the three flights of winding stairs, re-rent a U-Haul trailer, and drive back across the country to Greensboro in my hatchback. Once there, I would refurnish the ol’ Paisley Street apartment with frequent trips to big box stores to outfit the space just to my liking. Once the last book was placed on the oak-veneered-pressed-wood bookcase in that apartment, I would immediately revisit the ABC store for boxes, resort, repack, and rehaul.

If it ends up this way, I guess I’ll get better at reversing with a trailer attached to my car. Oooh! And I’ll be super svelte from moving lots and lots of boxes up and down stairs every few days. Nice.
- Sarah

No comments: