Thursday, April 9, 2009

catching up over a round

I'm not much of a picture taker. I like having pictures of family and friends and sometimes over do it on vacations, but I have very few photos of day-to-day or weekend-to-weekend life. It turns out, however that I love to take pictures of what I'm drinking. Like annoying avid picture snappers, I guess I'm trying to capture and document the good times. I guess unlike others, I don't always have shiny happy faces reflecting meaningful moments to collect because I'm often enjoying myself alone. I had all of these photos on my cell phone.
















Cheerwine at the Latham Mart from just before I left the 'boro. Sweet, sweet Cheerwine.





Right after I moved to Chicago, I bought six-pack of Old Style twenty-twos to mark my return to the midwest. I drank them and smoked on my "porch." I still enjoy the fine krausened taste even without the Parliaments.











More recently, I went to DC to meet with alumni of my program to see what kind of work I can get after I graduate in a year. After several days of suit wearin and elbow rubbin, some classmates and I went to the Brickskeller to unwind. They have like a zillion beers, a burger with salami on it, and a nice pub-like feel. Needless to say, I recommend it.





I spent Spring Break 09 in the Charm City with some of my favorite people. We got delicious Korean BBQ at a place pronounced though certainly not spelled Young Cock. Hooray for old friends, hot meat, and pickled cabbage.
- sarah

1 comment:

Don't Talk About Me Like I'm Not Here said...

Ooohhh! The pics look good! Awww, Cheerwine.