Sunday, January 4, 2009

how my life is like a sitcom

so i'm sitting with two cute blondes at jimmy's, a university of chicago bar, and am having a good time catching-up after the holidays. i go to the bathroom and when i come back apparently some boys want us to sit with them. while i was gone these youngins have pulled up two chairs to their table. two. as they pull up a third, i realize its so i can sit down. they approached these fine ladies while i was at the toi-toi. so, i sit and drink my whiskey and soda and chat with these boys. i talk to the one from arizona about how the cardinals won their wildcard game for the play offs and the other about his future in neuroscience. i am the girl with the good personality. i am a girl in a bar whose friends have been hit-on. i am the chubby brunette whose blonde friends have been hit upon. seriously. seriously?

-Sarah

3 comments:

Don't Talk About Me Like I'm Not Here said...

Hot damn, I feel you girl. In a city full of tall, thin, gorgeous, stylish women I'm the short-ish, chubby-ish, plain, not so well dressed girl. I certainly don't get hit on in bars. I'm thinking about moving back to South Carolina just so I'll be comparatively attractive.

Don't Talk About Me Like I'm Not Here said...

The previous comment was Caroline, by the way.

Don't Talk About Me Like I'm Not Here said...

Hah! Smart girls for the win!
-Emily