Sunday, January 11, 2009

Outside world in '09!

So the best way to avoid the fact that I'm getting observed the day after tomorrow and haven't come up with anything to teach the children is to blog about moving to a new city, right? Right.
Snow in this city is beautiful...for about 10 minutes before it turns into an icy grey death-trap for those of us with unsuitable footwear. My apartment is a sauna. Herin lies my new city dilemma. I need to go out and do things with my very limited social circle so that it will become a less limited social circle and something that more closely resembles actual friends, but I just don't wanna. I want to stay in my tropical paradise apartment, eating string cheese, not bathing, and watching the Ludachristmas episode of 30 Rock over and over again. I know I should go see some amazing art show or explore a new neighborhood with some ridiculous acronym or at the very least go sit in a bar I've never been to so I can watch prettier people getting hit on. Instead I sit in bed reading US Weekly and feeling guilty about how I'm not feeling guilty about not going out. Of course, it's all really about staying safe, and not putting myself out there, and not having to be in super-awesome social mode, and not worrying about whether people will like me, and stopping all that crap should really have been one of my New Year's resolutions. Is there such a thing as a January 11th resolution? 'Cause I'm making one.
-Caroline

1 comment:

Don't Talk About Me Like I'm Not Here said...

i'm also trying to get out of the house more. it's hard in the cold. one degree at a time my friend.

- sarah